Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) offer the following functions in the planning stage:
In the electronic industry Computational Fluid Dynamics have been used in the fields of thermal design for PCBs, microprocessors with heat dissipation, computer enclosures, mains connections and various telecommunication facilities. Today the thermal analysis is used more and more for creating optimum operational conditions of electronic components in integral systems.
- Simulation of thermal conditions within the enclosure
- Selection of right climate control components for highest operational reliability of electronics
- CFD supplies parameters for: Temperature, pressure, flow speed from every point in the calculated space.
I.e. during development thermal effects of all active components within the enclosure as well as the limit values of ambient conditions are taken into consideration in the model calculation.
The climate control concept required results from it and is included in the simulation.
The result: Very high system reliability at low costs from the first operating hour on.
This is the reason to choose Rittal as your partner.
Systematically to an effective thermal design |
Plant construction und thermal-specific views makes summing up of all influence parameters necessary.
Important criteria for type and extent of the thermal analysis and definition of the climate control concept are:
- Testing of a system that functions with regard to thermal aspects without problems up to now?
- Is it an individual system or a similar series?
- How much heat loss is dissipated in total from the system components?
- What are the program targets, e.g. with regard to the maximum temperature and temperature range in thermally critical areas?
- " Under which ambient conditions (limit values) will the system run?