When so many people are living, working, using the transport infrastructure and consuming energy in such close proximity, efficiency and sustainability are no longer a matter of making life easier but an absolute necessity. Municipal and regional authorities are increasingly turning to smart city concepts to meet these challenges.
For example, networked processes and sensors ensure a better flow of traffic, more attractive public transport options, optimised street lighting, lower energy consumption in buildings and much more besides.
When planning smart cities, it is essential for local authorities to maintain an overview. This is vital, because the desired benefits can only be achieved if numerous separate solutions interact and are perfectly coordinated. That makes smart cities a typical application for big data. A whole host of individual data needs to be recorded, aggregated and analysed both quickly and reliably before leading to the appropriate control measures, which requires an IT infrastructure that ensures maximum reliability.
Everything is interconnected in digitalized cities
Smart cities call for state-of-the-art networking and data processing concepts, which places extremely high demands on data protection and data security. Rittal offers all the requisite IT solutions for the challenging digitalization and networking of public infrastructure. Our performance promise for your smart city project:
- Thanks to Edge Data Centers that combine short latencies with the ultimate in computing power and reliability
- Thanks to security safes (Micro Data Centres) in a variety of designs
- Thanks to modular data centre solutions
- Thanks to flexible, customised IT monitoring of all physical parameters
- Thanks to comprehensive Rittal IT infrastructure solutions – from standalone network racks to entire data centres
- Thanks to Rittal IT cooling solutions for every requirement, with the focus on reliability and efficiency
- Thanks to our intelligent modular system architecture comprising enclosure, power distribution, climate control and IT infrastructure
- Thanks to global usability with standard-compliant, tested solutions and approvals
- Thanks to global availability and fast delivery of series products from stock