The triple surface treatment ensures optimum protection against corrosion and is resistant to mineral oils, lubricants, machining emulsions and solvents such as those used for cleaning.
Quality is ensured by continuous process monitoring. Information on product-specific surface treatments can be found in the up-to-date order documents.
1st phase: Nanoceramic coating
Rittal has now replaced iron phosphating with a new dipcoat priming pretreatment: nanoceramic coating .
This procedure is used for all products that are manufactured in-house and dipcoat-primed.
The benefits of nanoceramic coating in brief:
- Better long-term equipment protection
- Superior protection from corrosion.
- Enhanced value retention
Outstanding corrosion protection
After 168 hours salt spray test to DIN EN ISO 9227:
(e.g. powder coating only)
High Rittal standards since 1981
Optimised Rittal standard (RiNano)
2nd phase: Electrophoretic dipcoat priming
● Heavy metal-, chromate- and silicone-free polyester resins in a water-based paint
● RAL 7035
● Creates even layer structures on the surfaces, edges and hollow spaces, thereby ensuring a complete seal
● Layer thickness approx. 20 μm
● Stove enamelling
3rd phase: Textured powder coating
● Electrostatic, eco-friendly, heavy metal-, chromate- and silicone-free powder-coating on a polyester resin basis with excellent mechanical resistance
● Standard colour RAL 7035
● Good chemical, temperature and weather resistance
● Stove enamelling
Overpainting of the primer or powder-coating:
After careful cleaning, our enclosures may be overpainted DD paints, 1- and 2-component paints, auto repair paints, powder paints, water-based paints and nitrocellulose paints are all suitable for this purpose.
If in doubt, perform a compatibility test. Follow the paint manufacturer’s instructions.
On request, the following special coatings are possible:
Tropic , for high corrosion resistance in warm, damp climates (indoor applications).
Chemical paint for the best possible resistance to organic and inorganic substances that can be achieved with a paint.