Product Related Environmental Compliance
Informations about environmental protection at Rittal
AA-TL035 Rittal prohibition and declaration list
The AA-TL035 Rittal prohibition and declaration list is available for downloading in German and English on the right.
RoHS & WEEE
Self-disclosure under the EU Directives on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE Directive) and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS Directive), transposed into the German Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG).
Extensive technical and legal testing of these provisions have revealed that Rittal GmbH & Co. KG is not covered by the scope of application of the ElektroG.
Rittal GmbH & Co. KG is not a manufacturer of electrical and electronic equipment in the sense of the ElektroG or WEEE 2012/19/EU – recast of directive 2002/96/EG – respectively. Rittal products are sold for further processing, they are part of permanently installed large industrial plants or are part of stationary installations in buildings.
Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemical substances
What is REACH?
The registration, evaluation and authorisation of chemicals is synonymous with new chemicals legislation within the EU.
The core aspects are:
- Clear regulation of the registration and authorisation of "chemicals". All "substances" (chemicals) with a production/import volume per annum of one tonne or more must be registered by the manufacturers/importers. Registration occurs solely with the European Chemicals Agency (EchA).
- Reversal of the burden of proof onto the manufacturer of "chemicals" Manufacturers are required to "actively" notify their customers of the use of "substances of concern" and/or to offer alternatives. This means that Rittal must be "actively" informed by its suppliers, and must in turn "actively" notify its customers.
- No Data - No Market
Company Statement Ozone Regulation
The climate control products from Rittal comply with the EC Ozone Regulation No. 1005/2009.
The refrigerants used by us are CHC-free HFC refrigerants. They do not contain any chlorine and have a zero ozone depletion potential.
Specifically, Rittal uses the following refrigerants:
These refrigerants do not fall within the scope of substances regulated by the Ozone Regulation (EC) No. 1005/2009, and also do not belong to the group of halons. The following products from Rittal are filled with refrigerant:
- Enclosure cooling units (R134a)
- Climate control doors, enclosures, side panels (R134a)
- Recooling systems (R134a, R407C or R410A)
Further information on the refrigerants used by Rittal may be taken from the relevant safety data sheets.
BattG (Batteries Act)
Customer information on the return of industrial batteries
Rittal GmbH & Co. KG is very rarely the first company to place industrial batteries on the market. As a general rule, Rittal will accept the return of sold batteries free of charge at its delivery centres or headquarters. Due to the size of the company, there may be differing regulations in individual cases which either stipulate the return to and recovery of batteries by appointed companies, or contractual agreements with customers in this regard.
The ErP directive is available for downloading in German and English on the right.
Our statement "Rittal's Conflict-free Minerals Policy" and "CFSI_CMRT Company level" is available for downloading on the right.
Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive
Our statement "Compliance VerpackV" is available for downloading in German and English on the right.
- F-GasV 517/2014 F-GasV-Statement
- Material Declaration SDoC IMO SOLAS
- Self-disclosure under Compliance RoHS
- Self-disclosure under Compliance REACH
- REACH Customer information
- AA-TL035 Rittal Prohibition and Declaration List
- AA-TL035 Suppliers declaration
- AA-TL035 Suppliers information
- Company Statement Ozone Regulation
- ErP Company statement on fan energy efficiency
- ErP Company statement on climate control efficiency "Ecodesign"
- Conflict Minerals Statement Dodd-Frank Act: US Conflict Minerals Law / EU-Initiative
- Rittal GmbH - CFSI_CMRT Company level
- Compliance VerpackV: Declaration of Compliance with European Directive
- Declaration of Compliance with European Directive 94/62/EC
- Material Declaration SDoC IMO SOLAS
- Asbestos-free Certification