The growing share of renewables in the energy mix will put an enormous strain on the exisiting power grid and greatly increase the system’s complexity. Now, with many decentralized players, the previous grid – used for distributing centrally generated power – is becoming a complex network. At the same time, power generation fluctuates greatly depending on the location, time of day and prevailing weather conditions.
The main challenge lies in balancing generation and consumption. The energy infrastructure therefore has to become more transparent, flexible and intelligent. Digitalization makes it possible to improve network utilization and balance through smart monitoring and control.
Rittal – Solutions that convince
Rittal can offer you a modular system consisting of an enclosure and climate control solutions to provide maximum protection for your power supply technology, even under the harshest environmental conditions.
To control your systems efficiently, you will need to collect and evaluate data in real time around the clock. Due to their time-critical nature, data transfer to remote data centers needs to be avoided. Instead, the data should be stored and processed where generated. With modular data center solutions for your edge computing application, Rittal provides you with complete, turnkey solutions that you can configure on an individual basis and as required.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Quick and safe installation thanks to modular system enclosure and IT infrastructure
- Future-oriented IT solutions – ideal for developing and operating smart grids
- Fail-safe, long-term operation thanks to maximum protection from unpredictable and freak weather and environmental conditions
- Global application options through compliance with international standards and worldwide service
- A complete system supplier – one contact for all your questions
Typical solutions for power transmission