“Green” electricity is not fed into the grid permanently and evenly, because power generation from the wind and sun is dependent on the time of day and the prevailing weather conditions. Recently, wind power and photovoltaic plants have been temporarily taken off the grid to avoid overloading it.
Energy storage facilities are therefore indispensable for the success of energy transition so that any excess capacities can be made available and keep the grid in balance. Subjects such as lithium-ion battery systems, power-to-gas processes or sector coupling are crucial for any future-proof solution. The International Energy Agency (IAE) forecasts an exponential growth in investment in storage technologies.
Innovative concepts from Rittal
As a partner with significant industry sector experience, Rittal can offer you the right solutions for decoupling power generation and power consumption over time. With its flexible, scalable modular system, Rittal makes it easier for you to set up energy storage systems and offers you a range of components that are perfectly matched to one another: Enclosures, power distribution units, climate control solutions, automation solutions for panel building and switchgear manufacturing, as well as worldwide service.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Fast and safe assembly, thanks to a modular system of enclosures and housings and through busbar systems for time-saving clip-on assembly
- A high level of flexibility – enclosure systems for 19" battery types, rails and heavy-duty component shelves for other battery options
- Clear time savings thanks to completely pre-assembled, bayable battery storage containers that accommodate the entire storage infrastructure
- Fail-safe, long-term operation due to high protection properties against the wind, weather and other external factors
- Global application options through compliance with international standards and worldwide service
- A forward-looking partner who identifies and implements new developments at an early stage – providing you with innovative and competitive solutions
Typical solutions for energy storage